View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 06:18 PM   #20
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly can't imagine how people call Gerald Wallace an "above average" player when he averaged 2 blocks/2 steals last season. If Josh was doing that, the homers here with their blinders would be saying that he should have won DPOY hands down. It's ridiculous. I've never said anything closely resembling "Gerald Wallace is a way better player than Josh" but I definitely think he's every bit as good, and in my estimation, probably a little bit better.

Say what you want about him shooting a high percentage because most of his shots are assisted; isn't that the same for most swingmen that shoot a high percentage? But the dude is putting up numbers that honestly compare VERY favorably to Josh's, and some people here won't even put them in the same atmosphere. It's ridiculous.

The whole "padding his stats on a bad team" argument is incredibly lame to me, too.. I actually feel that it's tougher to put up good numbers on a team where you don't have a lot of scorers/talent (period) on the team. How in the world would it be easy? If he was shooting something like 43% and taking a pretty high percentage of his teams' shots in a game, I could see the argument. But Gerald has been efficient as hell the past couple of seasons, and I don't think it's by accident. He may very well be the most athletic player in the entire league, bar none.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote