View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 08:47 PM   #97
RoxFan

RoxFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
i have never said that I dont think the rockets would make the playoffs. I said they wont be better than the mavs or Spurs.
Honestly, I don't expect the Rox to be as good as the Mavs this year. We have some chemistry questions and some young bench players that would have to step up in a BIG way for that to happen. However, the Spurs are another story. We already matched up well with them before we picked up Battier and Wells.

Quote:
Also you mention that the rockets have improved from that meeting 2 years ago. True they might have but that was also as well as mcgrady is capable of playing and with his horrendous shot selection its doubtful he could match that again for a full series.
He won't have to shoot as much with dependable guys like Battier, Head, and Wells in the lineup. His shots will go down, his % will go up, and his assists are going to be stellar this year.

Quote:
Also, its not like dallas hasnt gotten better since then. You still have no one to handle Jet, or Josh howard who has learned to punish teams who guard dirk with 3s.
Except that we have Wells, TMac, and Battier, all of whom are able to guard either Dirk or Howard.

Again, I am not saying that we are going to be better than the Mavs this year, but the Spurs are ripe for the picking as Duncan's age is creeping up on them.
RoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote