View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 02:19 PM   #2
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
What a great time for all fans. I know that Mavs fans will be excited to watch the Mavs this year aspire to get back into the NBA Finals to take care of unfinished business.

I came onto this website last year after the Spurs series to wish you luck in the NBA Finals. I stayed around because I enjoyed reading the comments here--alot of really good knowledgeable fans making comments--I even endure the good natured (and sometimes not so good natured) kidding from Mav fans about my team, the Spurs.

I think this is going to be a great year for both teams. I knew when AJ joined the Mavs, your team would go to heights never before under any other coach. I just didn't realize it would happen so soon.

I enjoyed reading the posts about the Mavs media day.

My prediction--the Spurs and the Mavs in the WCF. The winner will win the NBA Finals.

To get there--what do you think will be the key for both teams? I personally think Tim's health will be the eventual key. He is a little older. He needs help from other players throughout the year.

For the Mavs--I think alot will depend on the development of Devin Harris. As important as Jet was in the playoffs for the Mavs last year, DH will will to step up his game this year. He has the skill, speed, and everything else.

AJ needs to groom him the same way that Pop did to Parker. Gve him the keys to the franchise and stay on him constantly to improve.
I really hope Harris pops this year. I thought last year's SA series was a preview of things to come....a bit of injury free-ness in this regard will likely be an important thing.

Also interesting to see is whether Stack has any game left....he really looked out of gas in the finals, and it remains to be seen whether he'll give the Mavs much.