View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Pirate's views on the article. I felt the same... that this is the most we've seen since the camp started on this topic... and of course, being a Fish article, it doesn't say much on the topic!

Regardless, I think that Josh should get around Jet money (about $57m/6yrs). He's younger than Jet and, for the next 6 years, he clearly has far more potential. He plays a position that's more important than the combo guard position that Jet plays. He's taller, more athletic and is easily a better defender and rebounder than Jet. Also, Ager is coming up fast and can backup Jet if needed. We don't have anyone who is even close to replacing Josh.

Dirk & Josh could arguably be the best forward-combo in the league for a long time to come.

If he's forced to play without a big contract, this could be a long season for him and in the process who knows how his play might get affected at crunch times. Let's not waste a year in the hopes of saving a million or two/year for Mr. Cubes.

Finally, I say this with the presumption that Josh is willing to sign in that range. If he's asking for more than $60m/6yr, I'll just pass and wait until next year and match any offer that he may get in the free agency.