View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:11 AM   #37
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
I dont get that argument at all for several reasons...

Josh is only slightly better as a defender than Dirk by my estimation so when you say hes better because hes a more balanced player on offense and defense thats just a load of crap. Dirk beats the hell out of Jho in almost every statistical category doesnt he? Yes, that includes defensive stats. I expect even more D from Dirk this season too, he might even surpass Jho defensively.

Dirk is FAR more crucial to the success of the Mavericks, we were lucky he wasnt out at all last season and what did we get? A lot of wins, thats what. Take him for even half the season out and replace him with friggin Croshere? Yeah we're going to win around 42-49 i'd say.

Dirk is a top 5 (at least) player in the league and no one is questioning that, so you are simply contradicting yourself when you say Jho is more crucial to the Mavs success... your right, hes an X-factor but thats all he is. As a matter of fact an argument could be made that TERRY is more crucial to the Mavs success (I dont believe in it, but I think you could make a case).

Do you know what the MVP award means? It means the player who wins it was critical in the success his team had in the season. Dirk was third two years straight and a lot of folks feel he was screwed this year. When you say MIP, MVP, whatever its all the same damn thing because it symbolizes a player who IS indispensible to his team. Think about it.

And going WAY back... Joe Johnson is highly overated by certain people on these boards... but he is still better than Josh, I would think that much is obvious. Peja is a different story, you have an argument there... I would take Jho right since he has way better d and will get better in time (youth is a factor as always).
Apparently (even though he compared the two) he meant OTHER than Dirk. I guess we were suppose to "get" that.