View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #301
creditXpert2003
Banned

creditXpert2003 is infamous around these partscreditXpert2003 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
You might not have directly attacked him, but before you said a couple times that you didn't care about what he was saying just cuz he's a sportswriter. You also asked why we didn't attack his posts, and I gave my reasoning in my last post.
All that was afterwards not before. On top of that, it was directed to the posters who were slamming me because of my view points. Lastly, credentials mean nothing to me. I take people for face value. Not just because they are a sports-writer. Nothing intended on DLORD, but that goes for any career, even as for being a former player, I take it all the same. But, I do value former players opionion a bit more, because I can relate to them and I respect them more. When you have been in that fire you tend to respect players alot more. Even DLORD will tell you, most players cant stand sports-writers. This goes back a long time ago. Nothing personal, but DLORD will tell you as well, there have traditionally been a bad blood relationship with media/players. Namely because players feel that the media dont give them a fair shake.

Players normally respect former players when it comes to media people. That is why people value Magic alot with TNT. Anything he says, the players look at him as having walked the fire and now see things from their eyes.As for Barkley/Kenny they have alot of valid points, but they throw in bull crap for the ratings for the show. Players all know this and have fun with them. But if a regular sports-writer said the same thing as Barkley/Kenny then it would be alot of drama and they would be nailed from the NBA players association.

This is just how it works.