View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:25 AM   #2
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

Part 1 ..Off We Go ...the fun begins with a slew of ~ahem~ "interesting" assertions

> If the Mavs lose Howard they lose their MOST important piece for the future.
> I would actually give up my season tickets if they did this as a protect, and influence about 10 other season ticket holders to do the same.
> Free agency is a nightmare for most players in the NBA. Just like making it into the NBA. I fought those demons for a little while and landed overseas.
> I know plenty of players and coaches, and it is all the same with them.
> [W]hen you are a player like Howard and money was low, then your agent is most likely not the top choice for you. You are caught up as a Superstar talent, but only the money for a draft pick type agent.
> Dirk is the Most Valuable Player, but Josh is the most important.
> Where did you get ruining the salary cap from Howard? The Mavs are under the cap from 2007 forward.
> Who is the Mavs MVP in 2009-2010 with this current roster? Howard!
> Howard should get 8-10 million a year with this new contract, but there are alot of restrictions in place right now for an increase from his current contract for an early extension. It is alot more complicated than you think.
> I can name about 6 things working against this deal for now. These obstacles have been in place for all extensions for contracts.

You sir are an effing moron.

Wow. These new Yahoo board guys are sure bringing "IT". Unfortunately for the most part they have insisted on placing a "SH" right in front of IT.

> [Howard] is also our best rebounder in traffic, and best slasher as well as plays dont have to be run for him as well.
> MVP and MIP have different roles on a team
> You guys insults on basketball terminology that I am using lets me know who actually played basketball on a professional level and who played intramurals in college. Sorry to use that terminology with you all. Clearly you dont understand MVP and M I(Important) Player in the world of professional sports.
> Anytime you take my post and say that I call Howard the MVP over Dirk lets me know you are just a fan of the Mavs.
> Ask Avery how important Josh is to this team. I dont have to ask, I already know what he said.