View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #41
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I did go back and read, and it confirmed my initial feelings. The way I read it, he put forth some opinions (more on those in a moment) and joined in a pretty lively discussion. Then he made (what I guess was) the mistake of mentioning his history playing ball.

Now, I thought that the way he presented that was interesting. He came right out and said he went overseas but couldn't make it to the NBA. And then he said there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that the everyday fan doesn't see. I'm sure that's true. But for whatever reason, this part didn't go over well with some of the guys around here. (I'm sure it probably had something to do with the thread in the lounge about the Yahoo forum.)

And the NEXT thing to happen was that names started being called. He held out for a little while before responding, but the dogpile was getting pretty deep. And once that happened, then it all unraveled from there.

Anyway, I'm sure everyone here will forget about it in a day or two, so I don't think it's much of a big deal anyway.

However, I *do* remain intrigued by this idea of the importance of the "second fiddle," as it were. I have heard from a few people, whose opinions I respect, that believe Jordan would have never won a title (or at least, not won near as many) without Pippen. I really do believe there is something to that concept.

And I am also intrigued by the idea that Howard is up and coming to the extent that in a few years he may be the best player on the team. Intriguing notion.

And finally, I'm interested in hearing about this hand injury that up till now I have never heard about. Don't you find that interesting? Maybe it's bullshit. Who knows? But if this guy does have some inside info, my guess is you won't be getting it anymore.
Come on Chumn. You're not blind. Anyone can see the condescension reeking from most of his posts. Basketbal 101 and 501??? Come on.

And using your supposed status as a low level professional basketball player over those that 'just played intrmurals" is ridiculous.

People asked him for his inside info. DLord ASKED him what he mean by 6 different things that would be holding up the deal. He refused to answer them all.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com