View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #70
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by creditXpert2003
Salary cap for Mavs: 2007 $69 Million (includes 18 million from Finley)
2008 current $18 million (w/o Dirk added)
2009 current $19 million

Howard MVP 2009----My opinion (Dirk will start to tale off a bit)
Many things work against getting ANY contract done.
Howard in my opinion is the best traffic rebounder
MVP and MIP play different roles on the team. They complement each other
Their are different names and ways to phrase a signing bonus. Read a NBA contract
Finding out about bad agents happen daily. Agent's screw deals up alot
For the most part Superstars cancel each other out. Role players is the key alot of times.
Mavs signed Daniels to too much money after one good season. My opinion
NBA contracts are very complex. Normal player can break it down...

This is all basketball talk, and lets see what you do from here......
Well not counting Dirk for 2008 when he will be here is kind of important salary cap wise since he will eat about half of it.

As for the bad agents, I do agree with you 100% on that one. I disagree with alot of other stuff but Im proud of you for mentioning everything in a pretty well thoughtout manner and backing things up. Its not perfect but its a start.

As to the superstars canceling each other out, i just dont agree with that at all. did Dirk and wade cancel out? Stars win big games and championships. Also on Dirk tailing off, he will only be 33. Roughly the same age nash is and he should age well since he doesnt rely on extreme quickness or athletecism but skill and size neither of which should decline by then.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 10-11-2006 at 07:18 PM.