View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #94
creditXpert2003
Banned

creditXpert2003 is infamous around these partscreditXpert2003 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Payton hit some clutch shots, but you can't put a guy as the person that beats a team in a 7 game series with a couple of big shots. Steve Kerr beat the mavs in game 6 of WCF but he surely wasn't the reason the spurs won that.

You've got an argument with Walker. My contention that it was the defense of shaq/mourning/haslem/udonis that slowed down dirk and that was the difference.
Reason why I throw Payton in, is because he never should have hit those shots at all. Just by him missing those two shots, they would have lost. Sometimes it is not your total effort, but the timing. I think Payton hit two of the most timely shots in that series. When I factor that, I put Payton up there. Other than those two shots, he did nothing else. Kinda like Horry and his timing with shots. He does nothing the whole game or series, but hits that timely shot..Payton did it, and we all know we did not even expect him to hit those shots. I think the unseen events like that are a killer in my viewpoint.

Yes, they did a job on Dirk, but they did not stop him. When I say killer, I dont talk about stat wise info, it is the timelines of events.