View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #184
creditXpert2003
Banned

creditXpert2003 is infamous around these partscreditXpert2003 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Dude, im not them, I cant control what they answer. I already posted why i feel this way, if they want to cool, if not, they didnt bring it up so they dont need to defend my posts. Go Back to the earlier 80s. Out of about the last 30 years, 8 teams have won without a second superstar and 3 of those teams had a hofer still playing at a high level besides there superstar and 1 of them was the pistons of two years ago which i personally feel was a complete anomaly.

Before you ask, The 80s celtics-take your pick, mchale or parrish. The 80s Lakers-Magic(or kareem if you feel magic was the lead guy) The Fo-fo-fo sixers-Dr. J.

The weird thing about you is that you dont really go by numbers most of the time(except shaq) but you dont seem to watch the games either.

IE- you think josh howard is some beast depsite fairly pedestrian numbers but you dont think shaq is a superstar purely because of his numbers(which are still close to superstar level) despite the fact that Shaq has about 10 times the impact outside of his numbers that Josh has. Unless you are just trying to stir _____ up, thats a really weird way to view things.
And they dont need to defend/defame my posts as well. It is too lopsided. When this happens it becomes obvious their intentions. Do you agree on that?

Since, you bring up the 80's, go back to the 70's as well. In each decade the game of the NBA has changed. The players, the teams and the rules.

70's was about the centers, 80's about Showtime and having many go to guys on each team. The 90's started the thrend to where Sidekicks became the main way to win. Having 2 Superstars like Utah never got them by. As we look at the 90's we see the what you all call the Batman/Robin dominant the titles, even 1999 with Robinson and Duncan. Early 2000 was Shaq/Kobe. Early on Shaq was the Superstar, and Kobe was the rising star. Then I would say they had a title with both as a Superstar, then fell off as times went back to Batman/Robin or complete team ball like the Pistons. SA has ruled the 2000's, and their style is Batman/Robin with Duncan as "Batman" and Ginobili and Parker as "Robin".

Now, the Heat just won with Batman(Wade) and Robin(Shaq). I feel the Mavs defensive gameplan should have stayed designed to stop Batman, because Robin was not going to beat u, especially if you put him on the free throw line..