Thread: Ka-BOOM!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 10:00 AM   #117
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
first, it is not impossible to decrease discretionary spending, clinton managed to pull it off.

second, it is facinating that the FACT the economy has been juiced by historic federal spending deficits isn't acknowledged by you or by the current administration.

third, it is only due to the use of cheap costs of labor in (primarily) asian countries that the inflationary affect of this huge amount of spending isn't biting us in the ass.

last, what will the fans of the current administration crow about next year when the tax receipts decline (this is predicted) and the deficit increases again? how will the budget fare when the debt service is approaching $500 BILLION a year? answer: not well.

there is no 1-800-debt-free for governments...

I agree that if dubya had been able to spend the defense windfall then possibly he'd have cut discreationary spending. It seems that bubba did it once. And then at the end of his term it was 3.6%, 7.5%, 5.6% increases. After he'd been able to absorb the defense buy down.
http://www.factcheck.org/article139.html

I'd like to see your link for the receipts projection, I couldn't find it. Only thing I could find was this heritage report griping that the dubya's tax cuts are too small.
http://www.heritage.org/Research/Tax...es/9318128.gif

But the bottom line here is that I dispute your assertion that any president will cut the budget because I don't think anyone wants him to. Even the one factcheck article talking about dubya cutting some discretionary spending had a jab that he was cutting someones milk money.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-14-2006 at 10:01 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote