View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 11:18 AM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
In Iraq, frankly too much bad-shit is happening all the time to think you can choose one specific atrocity and bemoan the low level of press coverage IT SPECIFICALLY receives.
That's a fair point. I guess my point is, it seems to me that the press is terribly afraid to publicize anything which might portray Muslim extremists in a negative light. Yes, I realize that the reaction to the cartoons was publicized, but the stuff I remember reading basically acted like the response was justified. And it wasn't.

Same goes for the response to the Pope. Instead of pointing out the ridiculous hypocrisy of protesting the labeling of Islam as violent by calling for the Pope's head (and killing Christians), it seemed to me that the Pope was goaded into apologizing to the Muslims for offending them, as if their reaction was justified. Again, it wasn't.