Thread: Heroes
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 10:56 AM   #107
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I guess my point is...so much of this show so far isnt only individuals discovering their own abilities, but the discovery of why they're all connected and what exactly is causing all of this and just why it's all happening in the first place.

Even if they get a whole new cast to discover their abilities, some of the mystery will be lost, and it will become routine super hero crap to just get a new villain.

of course if they don't reveal the true nature of all this and dont explain anything, while neutralizing the threat, I guess they string us along.

the draw for me isn't them against a villain, it's the discovery of what in the hell is going on with these people and how are they all connected?
Oh, I assure you, we won't find the whole story behind why they have these abilities and why the guy with the glasses is hunting them for quite a while.

But, I do think once they get further along with the character development people will start to care about the characters themselves rather than their abilities and how they got them.

I think they'll follow a Lost type model, where the intrigue draws people in, and then the development of the characters will keep people around. Lost has successfully transitioned from one big mystery to the other fairly successfully.

Whether they'll be successful remains to be seen, but based on early results they're doing awfully well.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote