View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 03:08 PM   #99
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
In hindsight it sounds bad, but I had the same thought that Denny Green had at the time. I thought "ok he did a real good job getting the ball down here, but given the # of turnovers we've seen tonight and the fact that he's a damn rookie, lets just run it a couple times and kick the damned thing"

should've worked.
But that is the passive mentality that will get you beat most of the time. He did the same thing in the first half. He reminds me of someone who is just plain scared. Yes, Leinart can throw an interception. Yes, they can fumble. But Green forgot that they could also miss the field goal! You should give it every thing you've got until they stop you. Especially when you are down a point. Had the game been tied then, ok, try the field goal. But you lose the game with a missed field goal and a 20 or 30 yarder might have calmed the nerves of the kicker.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote