View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 01:53 PM   #73
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Not to get back on topic, but I absolutely abhor the amount of time and energy the media focuses on Hollywood gossip. Its so COMPLETELY un-newsworthy and unimportant and I often find myself avoiding the news altogether. The latest news item that I couldn't possibley give a shit about is Madonna's adoption. There are also way too many special interest stories. And I'm sick of the daily fat reports as well. This just in...being overweight gives you higher risk of "fill in the blank". No kidding. So being fat is not good for you? That's some breaking effing news right there.
First, let me say, what the heck happened to this thread? It took like a 60 post detour into some sort of bizarro universe. I haven't been doing much moderating lately, but I'm going to have to look into why that bonehead is still posting here. Anyway...

I agree with you completely, Mary. If you flip on shows like Entertainment Tonight, it's nothing but a constant barrage of "breaking news" on how many pimples this or that movie star has on their right cheek and whether they'll be able to get through such a painful and humbling experience.

Quote:
I would love to know more about what is going on in Iraq. I don't want the Republican side, I don't want the Democrat side, just give me everything and let me sort it out for myself. But at the very least, lets get back to the news being actual "news".
Amen to that. I don't want a slant on it at all. Just give me all the facts, and I'll sort them out. I don't want the rose-colored version or the "sky is falling" version. Just give me the facts.