View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 07:09 PM   #22
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Good for you, wmbwinn. I'm sorry I was a bit curt with you in the other thread... but I was clearly upset when I read what you wrote, "I suspect that Josh is pushing his luck to expect more than Bonzi."

Even presuming you were talking of the deal Bonzi had from the Kings which was $35m/5yr... can you now agree that Josh is a better player now, and given his age, would be a much better player over the length of his contract!
No question. I would much rather have Josh Howard than Bonzi.

My notes were in reference to the amount the Kings offered Bonzi originally. Bonzi has serious attitude problems but he is a tremendous talent when motivated. I was worried than in a "comparables" evaluation (like what happens when you want to sell your house and the fair market value is determined in large measure by comparing the values in the neighborhood), that it might be a hard sell to say Bonzi isn't worth 7 million per year to the Kings but Josh would be worth 10 million to the Mavs.

I was wrong. Bonzi wasn't worth 7 million to the Kings but Josh is worth 10 million to the Mavs. I'm surprised that Josh got that huge payday. I expected a 7.5-8.5 million range per year.

But, I'm very happy that Josh is staying in Dallas. Josh is hugely important to the Mavs.

By comparables, Josh's 10 million pushes the value of other players up. Dirk is going to have to make near the 18 million mark to be fair.

Didn't Gooden sign a contract recently?

"In the end, league sources said the Cavs signed Gooden to a three-year contract worth $20.25 million guaranteed with a potential of $3 million more in bonuses. He will make $6.6 million this season. It will dip to $6.4 million next year and then jump to $7.1 million in the final year."

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjourna...l/15524988.htm

Is Josh comparably worth about 3 million per year more than Gooden?

Anyway, Josh should be VERY, VERY happy. He just got paid. Big Time.
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote