View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 01:13 AM   #44
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

The real problem Stern has with Cubes is that at least some of the time, he is right. The officating has needed to get better. When you watch the NFL. you don't get the feeling that the home team will get better calls, but thats a given in the NBA. Then, with the Dwayne Wade thing, Cuban went off, but the entire basketball world watched the Finals, and a bunch of em came away scratching their heads over the officating... Didn't you hear the TMac stuff on Houston radio?

Personally, I think Cuban not getting on the radio is a good thing for Mavs fans. It would have been a huge stroke to his ego, which is plenty big enough already. He'd probably be violating the new code of conduct once an hour. He'd be 100 times more controversial, because he'll say what he thinks, and back it up with stats and refuse to back down.

Contrast Cuban to Stern's tyipical and prefered owner type. Most of the time when tv takes a shot of the owners box, the owner looks like the corpse on "Weekend at Bernies". So if Stern is choosing to put Cuban on the radio, is he just trying to exploit Cuban's big mouth? Is it a setup?

Maybe Mark sensed this too, and made a smart move by getting out of the radio deal. I guarentee the controversy over him quitting will be minsicle compared to the ones he would create if he's on the air constantly.

I otherwise don't care about the Mark and David show. Its time for the Dirk and Timmy show. LETS GET IT ON!!!