Thread: Ka-BOOM!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #126
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I think this thread has made me think alot about the economy and it is interesting to see all of the posts showing that the economic numbers seem to be mostly very good. So, why is that most Americans believe the economy is fair or poor and that it is getting worse?

From USA Today (October 24)
Economic news. Low unemployment, falling gas prices and a record-setting stock market typically would translate into warm feelings about the economy. But 55% of Americans rate the economy as only fair or poor, and 54% say it is getting worse.

I am not trying to throw up a rhetorical question, but I am sincerely interested in why this perception is there. I can't remember another time when all indicators seemed so positive, yet Americans are not seeing that picture (me included). Is it an illusion? Are people less smart than they used to be (including me; I HAVE felt a bit more dementia lately than usual)? Are these indicators no longer valid? What's going on?

Last edited by purplefrog; 11-03-2006 at 04:21 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote