View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 11:00 AM   #343
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
another thing i think we are missing is why the hell would we run Jones out of the back of the end zone?
I thought the same thing myself, but normally you do run in that situation. Personally, with the quick release of Romo and his decent scrambling abilities, I would have called a quick slant or something like that. Not that TO toss a couple of yards behind the line of scrimmage, but something similiar. Have one guy stretch the field too so if he has time he could actually attack. That would at least make them aware of the pass on 2nd down allowing you to run a bit better.

He didn't get tackled in the end zone anyway. Replays show that wasn't a safety, as the ball was on the other side of the line when he was down. Add those two points and the extra point and we have a different game there too. Maybe we still lose, who knows, but it still changes the entire game. Those 3 points plus the extra 7 that TO dropped puts the game at 29-12 with a quarter to play. Oh how it could have been different!