Thread: Fin is our MVP
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2002, 02:03 PM   #14
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

<< how can you not agree murph? until dirk learns to nut up in big games fin will always be the main man.

don't get me wrong, i really like dirk a lot, i just think you and many others have vasly overrated him at this stage of his career. I think given another year or two he can be a top 5 player in this league, but right now he's not there...not even close...probably 9 or 10.
>>

Hales, I think that each member of the Big Three failed to &quot;nut up&quot; in clutch situations in the Sacramento series. That's part of the growing pains of becoming a title contender and of each player maturing, unfortunately. To pin it solely on Dirk OR Finley at this point is not just unfair, it's not accurate.

I thought after the Minnesota series that Dirk was a Top 5 guy, but I realize now that I got caught up in the amazing performance and overlooked reality. He's a Top 10 guy, but not quite ready to break into the Top 5. He'll certainly get there, he's just not there yet.