View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 12:45 PM   #12
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
This kind of ephemeral criticism always makes the back of my neck tingle.

Not that this is the case with you, MD, but....I have heard this kind of emptiness from ultra-liberal establishment males, who truth be told, seem to have some kind of issue with an Afrian-American female of relatively conservative ideology being in a position of power.
you should know that I am a huge proponent of equality for women in the workplace...and that extends to the political workplace too.

I'm not sure that your criticism of the "ultra-liberal establishment males" isn't also accurate of ultra-conservative establishment males as well..

Quote:
Name a specific issue, and I'd say that you'd be able to find more specific info on her posiition. Otherwise, she has served in an administration where it is not necessarily appropriate for her to publicize her opinion on every issue, particularly domestic/social. There may well be some criticisms (in fact, I know there are), but better to be specific than just slime her with meringue.
she should NOT be expressing her views on the myriad of issues a candidate should address because she is NOT a candidate. I don't criticize her for not being public on her positions.

yet it is not easy to find her position on issues either. where does she stand on social security? nclb and public school finances? affirmitive action? tax cuts? immigration? stem cell research? open trade?

I think we know where she stands on iraq....

Quote:
She has done the job that she was tapped to do, with discretion sometimes being the better part of valor.
a great question is if she has done a good job at what she was tapped to do...it seems the jury is still out on that one.

Last edited by Mavdog; 11-14-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote