Thread: Jazz for real?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 02:37 PM   #46
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Good question, especially since I have recently wondered that very thing. I never blamed Jones one bit for going in a different direction at head coach. Perhaps it was because I was too young to apprciate Landry's great work. But more likely it was because the Cowboys were more or less at rock bottom when Jones took the reins.

I wonder if the comparison was legit, but I honestly think it's not, because while the Cowboys were bad and getting worse when Jones took over, the Mavs were in the midst of a mercurial rise when Cuban started his meddling.
I believe they're still on that "rise" regardless of his meddling. Who knows if we would have gotten to the finals without damp, heaven knows we never got there with nash (nash still hasn't gotten there).
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote