View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 01:01 AM   #1
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is anything more overrated than "the cycle"?

Sorry to start a new thread for this...but it just pisses me off. Reading an article about Gary Matthews Jr, it mentions his .371 OBP and "the cycle" in the same sentence. Getting on base at a nearly 40% clip is impressive; hitting the statistical anomaly known as "the cycle" is just stupid. Wouldn't you rather a guy hit 3 HR and a single? 2 Hr and 2 2B? But those kinds of stat lines don't make headlines like "the cycle." And this is why baseball is retarded, and I'm a member of a Dallas Mavericks fan board, not a baseball fan board.

Of course, the cycle isn't as stupid as a stat a few years ago when Mark "the juice" McGwire had ten straight hits be HRs. Wow, that's awesome. Of course, during that time, he went something like 10/90. Think his team might have appreciated the token single or twenty in between all those HRs? McGwire was almost as big a jackass as his manager Tony LaRussa....

And thus ends my rant about the stupidity of baseball. For now. Go Mavs.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote