View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 03:10 PM   #29
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I believe Gore will run. Which brings to me to another point. Is it just me or is the 2008 presidential campaign beginning to feel like the 2006 gubernatorial race in Texas? We are going to have alot of candidates, but none of them very appealing? Just a thought..........

If I could choose, it might be Evan Bayh on the Democrat side and Chuck Hagel or Lindsey Graham on the Republican side. None of these men are very exiciting to listen to, but they are relatively moderate/conservative, and have some substance. I am not sure if Hagel or Graham will get much love from some of our members (their criticism of Bush and the Iraq war is noteworthy), but I think they are both men of conviction, willing to stand up and speak against party policy (I view that as a good thing), and are more consistent than McCain (they are maverick-lite). I am guessing that none of these three are electable (too boring), and I am not sure if any of them have had ethical lapses (important for '08 election).