Thread: Fin is our MVP
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2002, 03:52 PM   #90
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

That's all this thread was saying. Was that he was the MVP of THIS series.. That's all.

Dude and I just agreed that the entire season it would probably be Dirk. No one is even disputing that. We're talking about this series AND the reason it was bought up was because he was the one everyone expected to be the man. HE was the one everyone expected to step up in this series and lead this team to victory.

This series probably showed how essential he is to the Mavs success because he played so poorly and the Mavs lost. However I keep hearing people say how poorly Fin played, etc. etc. and how he didn't step up in the clutch...

Well this I know for a FACT, if they both played the same way with the exception of the way they both SHOT, meaning Give Dirk Fin's numbers and Give Fin's Dirk's numbers, (Having Dirk have 37-28-26 and shooting over 50% from the field and almost 90% from the free throw line) there would have been ALL TYPES of people on this board saying how Dirk played AMAZING and Nash and Fin didn't step up and they let the team and Dirk down... How do I know, because that's what everyone was saying LAST YEAR after the Mavs lost to the Spurs. Dirk didn't play any better last year in the series against the spurs than Fin played this year against the Kings BUT for whatever reason last year Dirk was GOD and this year Fin didn't do enough to win for the Mavs....

I guess it's what MFFL said.. It's the DIRK DOUBLE STANDARD!!!!