Thread: Come December
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #11
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
You know what, I think a JET trade with Stack for AI would put the Mavs over the top to win a championship.

This is only true if you subscribe to the following mathematics:

Devin > JET

If it was the duo of Devin and Dirk rather than JET and Dirk that got the Mavs to the finals then, for the Mavs to move over the top an AI trade would do it. After all we know JET was a piece that got the Mavs to the finals, AI has done it too so it would follow that JET 4 AI is a wash. I confidently believe the Mavs team minus stack and JET can get to the finals with AI. Role players didn't let the Mavs down vs Miami it was namely the performance of the stars. JET was no Drain Wade, and when Dirk was being thugged to death the guard play didn't match Wade's performance.

AI would give the Mavs the secondary superstar to complement Dirk, and Devin and Jho would be the silent role player types. AI would take a hell of a lot of attention away from Dirk. If you subscribe to the AI = Blackhole, then this deal would not work. However, Stack was a blackhole before coming to Dallas, and he's adjusted fine. AI would adjust; the guy averages over 7 assists a game.

Mavs - JET - Stack + AI = NBA Championship Formula

I do think DH>jet but not a big AI fan and not sure he would make us more championship ready then we are