View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 01:13 PM   #14
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

But what would the Clippers gain by doing this? They'd lose one of the few real big man prospects (Kandi) and Magette for what--Ming? No way. Huge step back in the short run. They need to make the playoffs next year. If not Ming, then Williams? Nah. If they were bothered about a point guard they'd work to re-sign McInnis.

Plus, Brand has said that his (upcoming) decision on whether or not to re-sign with LACs would be based on how they dealt with Kandi--so there they'd lose again in a couple of years.

Not sure what Clips will do, but I don't think they're going to go firesale to accommodate Rockets.

My instinct tells me that several teams are happy to sit back this draft and let the Rockets assume the risk with Ming, and then pick the best of what's left.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote