View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #3
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.
I've had the displeasure of opening for Pauley twice. Both times I was also put in charge of his "diva" list. I had to scour Knoxville TN for specific brands of tuna, honey, wooden stools, iced tea, grahm crackers and wine. He couldn't just have tuna, It had to be Bumble Bee Tuna. Talk about a DIVA. I was working as the house MC at the time and was friendly with the staff, the shit he put those guys through was ridiculous. Yet, Pauley is such an anomaly in comedy, he charges $35 a ticket, and draws allot of people who would never normally come to a comedy club. His show sell out fast. It's like a riot at all his shows, people who don't know the etiquette of a comedy club and are just there to see a celebrity. If anyone had this coming it was Pauley.

With that said, this scares the crap out of me. Where the hell was the security? Why do people think it's cool to ruin a show for everyone else? and Why do people get off on shit like this?

I have been in more than one situation on stage where I have grabbed a mic stand and been ready to swing it at a redneck approaching the stage. This kinda thing is disgusting, no performer should have to fear for their safety on any stage. In my opinion this is no better than the asshole who shot Dimebag.

I hate Pauley, he is over paid and under talented.
But this sets a bad precedent.

Oh and my mom asked me to get an autograph, he sighned it "To Rob's Mama" what a dick.