View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Also. If they really wanted something they would moved him this summer. Philly is a team hamstrung by a selfish player that has them by the balls. I'm grateful that Dirk is a better person than AI otherwise he could hang us over the coals like AI has done to Philly for years.
Please... Hamstrung by a selfish player? Give me a break. That dude has pushed himself to the limit night in-night out for that team for his entire career. He's given the Sixers everything's he's had; the best years of his NBA career, and some of the most statistically dominant performances in NBA history. That team is hamstrung by management with their heads so far up their collective asses that they've wasted the greater part of Allen Iverson's career by not surrounding him with a decent f*cking team. The best they could do over the years is surround him with washed-up, inefficient scorers. I mean, this guy's a 5-10 ball-dominating guard, and they surround him with guys like Glenn Robinson, Keith Van Horn, Jerry Stackhouse, Toni Kukoc, and a post-microfacture Chris Webber. BTW, when Philly traded for Webber's monstrocity of a contract, that should've put to rest right then and there any notion that AI was the one causing any kind of problems in Philadelphia. Kyle Korver, Andre Iguadala, one-legged Chris Webber, and Samuel Dalembert... Yeah, there's a lineup that had potential.

Quote:
Philly has known for several years that AI is a dieing prospect. And every year they have known he's a loose cannon, and his contract is nowhere near what they can get for him. He was overpaid to begin with and now Philly is trying to get whatever they can get out of him.
Oh really? If Philly has known "for years" as you say that AI is a "dying prospect" then why the hell didn't they trade his ass years ago? Better yet, why didn't they trade him this past summer instead of waiting until mid-season? Loose cannon? All he's done is given that team a reason for people to watch their games, an MVP season, a finals appearence, and a career that will be remembered for ages. Loose cannon my ass.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-15-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote