View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 12:12 AM   #193
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
The problem is chum, you want to pin Cuban like he is the cause of all the problems the Mavs ever have. But if he is like every owner in the league (as you say), than he is neither the cause of nor the solution to the Mavs' problems. He's just simply average. Still, every time you open your mouth about Cuban, all we hear about is how horrible Dallas is because of what Cuban has done.

And despite all of this, I still see Cuban paying out a ton of money - Terry, Stack, Dirk, and Damp are all making at or near 10 million a year. Heck, Avery is pretty well paid for a coach (5 million a year). That's some decent cash he is shelling out, and it's only a glimpse of what he is paying. Feel free to find the actual cap numbers because I would love to see them. I'm assuming you won't here because if you did put the numbers, your case probably wouldn't look as good. So you'll probably do what you normally do and post some fancy rhetoric with questionable factual basis.
Fancy rhetoric, nothing. The Mavs bring in HUGE revenues as compared to most teams in the league. Some folks like to point out outlays without regard to income. Do you realize that the Knicks MAKE money? Again...do you realize that the Knicks make money?

The Mavs make money, too. A shitload of it. And Cuban isn't the guy who will spend it on payroll to make the team better on the court. Right now he has other designs.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote