View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 08:29 PM   #205
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

I have to admit the truth.

Truth is...

If Bowen played for another team--I would be bitching about him as much as anyone else.

Even as a Spurs fan--I am troubled by the fact that an inordinate amount of players are getting hurt by Bowen.

The debate tends to get focused on whether Bowen is intentionally trying to hurt opposing players--i.e., is he a dirty player.

I don't think that's the correct question.

Whether he intends to hurt players or not--the fact remains that players are getting hurt by his tactics. That fact alone--regardless of his intent--troubles me and after much reflection, can no longer defend Bowen's tactics. I admit--something is just not right. Whether he is an intentionally dirty player, or is reckless--however you want to label his tactics--the fact that it seems like alot of people are getting hurt by him should make everyone pause and be concerned--and that includes Spurs fans.

I came around to this conclusion after much soul searching. I myself have suffered constant pain for many years--and have had many surgeries. Living in constant pain changes your life.

I believe that my previous defense of Bowen may in fact have been hypocritical in light of my own experience as a chronic pain sufferer.

Last edited by Big Shot Rob; 12-17-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote