View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 12:09 AM   #1346
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled

The Strokes - Room on Fire (An ex told me this wasn't nearly as good as their debut. She was wrong.)

The Streets - A Grand Don't Come for Free (It took a while, even though I found it catchy from the get-go. Now, I love it. Great stories and unique delivery.)

RJD2 - Dead Ringer (Got this and a DJ Shadow album recently - this is my preference at the moment. Solid all the way thru.)

The Stooges - self-titled (first Stooges album. So far, so good.)

The Baptist Generals - No Silver/No Gold (Where the hell was I when this came out? A local album, on Sub Pop no less!? They're good, kinda Neutral Milk Hotel-ish. Can't wait to see them progress.)
Strokes - Yeah, she was.

The Streets - What an awesome album! "Dry Your Eyes" is one of the most heartbreaking songs I've ever heard. Love the story of the album.

RJD2 - His best work, and I've enjoyed his stuff much more consistently than DJ Shadow's.

Baptist Generals - Never heard of this, but NMH is amazing, so I'll have to check it out.

Me, I've been listening to so much stuff lately. Let's see:

The Elected - Sun, Sun, Sun
Ghostface Killah - More Fish
Broken Social Scene - s/t & You Forgot It In People
The Sleepy Jackson - Lovers
Mos Def - True Magic
The Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady
Nas - Hip-Hop is Dead
My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
Sunset Rubdown - Shut Up, I Am Dreaming
Ol' Dirty Bastard - Return to the 36 Chambers
The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America