View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:34 AM   #54
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I get what you are saying and see it as a touchy situation, like yourself. Like much in this world, there are no black and white options but some gray ones.

For me, the precedent and possible future ramifications of it are unspeakable and potentially immeasurable. If China doesn't like the way Korea sits, will it let its fireworkers go? If India and Pakistan feel one is too many of a border patrol guy to be picked off or go missing? If for some reason, we see a steady string of terrorists based out of Paris that always make it to the UK? Does France become a threat?

A nuclear strike should be the ultimate last option - one whose threat should be greater then its force. A nuclear threat should be able to preserve your life while the actual use of the nuke might end the world - though not immediately.

I'm not sure if the Israeli feel like they are in preserve mode but to me, firing a nuclear bomb is not an option - it ought to be the result of having no options.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 01-09-2007 at 01:36 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote