View Single Post
Old 04-20-2001, 11:06 AM   #30
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Wrong again, he was in the playoffs as a rookie AND according to Paul Westpaul, Charles Barkley and Kevin Johnson HE was the reason they couldn't get past San Antonio because he was the only player that could defense Elliot. He missed that series with a sprained ankle. Now those aren't my words, those are people who played and were all STARS in the NBA. I'm sure they know a little more than all of us!!!!

Also it's funny you all say that he was hurting the team, well this is how the year ended up.

FG% 3Pt% PPG
Dirk 47% 39% 21.8
Fin 46% 35% 21.5

Now I've seen many posts by Lam talking about how GREAT Dirk played since the All-Star break. Fin didn't go on his REALLY hot streak until the last month so he had to be doing decent to improve his numbers that much. Dirk for the season didn't shoot that much better than him or score that much more than him. However you all keep talking about how GREAT Dirk is going to be and how much Fin needs to improve. Come on.

Here's a more telling stat Dirk averaged 1.6 offensive rebounds a game. Fin averaged 1.3. That's ridiculous if you ask me. (Granted it's ridiculous also Howard only has 1.9 but that's another thread) However Fin hurts the team huh???? He also lead the team in steals, gets 4.4 assists per game (second on the team) however he hurt the team for the majority of the year!!!!!!

Get real!!!