View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
I am from Texas.

I voted for him twice.

I am part of the 60% who want our men and women out of that civil and home with their families.

I have no faith in the Iraqui government.

I am not trashing our President. I was in favor of the war initially.
It's great that you are part of the 60% that want us out. No problem. I have no problem with olberman wanting that as well. But crapola like messianic this is bullcrap. I think we'll let history judge his legacy and I'll have no problem with that.

I'm not "happy" about how iraq is going either, but to just say "oh well" let's get the f out and not think that there are repurcussions is childish. There will be, big ones.

Again..I have a son-in-law who has been there twice, he's (my daughter and his family) really paid a price. A very big one for doing his duty. But not for a minute do I think dubya did this cavaliarly. It does seem that the mistakes I have with the policy is not killing more terrorists much,much more brutally in Iraq. It appears he gave the iraqis a lot more credit for being civilized than he thought. I've had issues negotiating with Arabic folks as well, they revel in brinksmanship, it's very difficult. That seems to be the reason there is another deadline being put on the iraqi's, they have to know that this is it.

But I(and many) thought Sadaam had WMD. Dubya didn't pull the wool over anyones eyes, it was done right out front with consensus of the people and the elected politicians. To come out now and talk about how he is on some sore of crusade is bs.

If we want to talk about the plan now, let's do.
- He's decided we (and the iraqis) have to be given a set of goals to meet or we will have to leave. He's basically setting the stage for DOING what olber-ass is saying, but responsibly and not like an idiot journalist who wants to pull a saigon helicopter lift.
- He's decided that the sadr-army and the militias have to be taken on and he's giving the Iraqi' guvment that ultimatum.
- He's decided that security in Baghdad is paramount to getting the rest of the country to get to some normalcy.
- He's decided to take a much more aggressive stance with iran/syria. I'm really hoping he basically closes those borders and bombs the crap out of anything moving that hasn't gone through a checkpoint.
- I'm "hoping" that the rules of engagement will become much more brutal for us. No more win the hearts and minds bullcrap that the british and everyone else has been saying. Kill the badguys, kill anyone who's helping the badguys.
- We've had a problem with the wack-a-mole fighting that has gone on. Clear one place, leave and the mole comes back up. He's going to embed many more folks with the iraqi divisions to try and bolster them up.

One very,very big problem that I have had with dubya on this is his "backing off" to let the military guys do it INSTEAD of micro-managing it. You just cannot let the generals run the show( see Lincoln, Churchill, etc), it's too complicated and they will cover their asses as is most peoples instincts. These decisions have to be made by dubya, he's abrogated that imo and it's caused a terrible lack of momentum. He had hoped that the iraqi elections would serve as a calming influence (as many did) but it has not. Therefore another startegy.

Olberman isn't close to even THINKING about what dubya has proposed, he just wants to leave as fast as possible and consequences be damned...because he has no responsibility.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote