View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #12
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
A couple of reasons
1. First I don't think you've actually heard what dubya has said about this.
2. It's not sure that he's alive.
3. Killing him tommorrow wouldn't stop anything.
4. Putting 130,000 US troops in Afghanistan walking through every cave is not a very good use of the military imo.

This is a big problem and you have to look at it very stregically. If we didn't have such an open society none of this would be going on. We'd close the borders to islamic people and we wouldn't have to worry about terrorism "here". But the rest of the world would, we could say screw 'em but we don't do that, we prefer to preserve "international" or at least business security. Islamic terrorism has morphed into an international issue it seems, not a local (i.e. Israel) issue only.

You either fight it, or it will contiue to topple other governments. Probably the stupidest thing Bin Laden did was 9/11 as it got our attention. Until then he could blow up embassies, boats and we wouldnt' do anything about it.

This is false. He has not been anywhere near dishonest. Go back and look at the Iraq war resolution. Go back and look at his address to congress and the UN on this.

Another falsehood. Collin Powel created that report, analyzed the intelligence and those are his words. He WAS sent to make the case (which he believe in) to the UN.

Another falsehood. He's always been upfront.
1. Get rid of WMD from Saddam who is an aggressive ruler who supports terrorists both here and abroad.
2. Provide a model of democracy to the arab culture.

Here are the points in the Iraq War Resolution. Tell me where he's lied to you about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

No less a partisan than John Edwards recently said that he had all of the intelligence that dubya did, nobody pulled anything over his eyes and he voted FOR the resolution.
It's funny I agree with alot of your points, I just think this admin. is the wrong one for handling this. I'm not all that up to snuff on what Bush has actually said at one time or another, (seems like that is in a constant state of flux anyway ) but he has had his chance and has bungled it. The Mid-east is a complex place, one that has issues that have been ignored for generations of Presidents. This one is the wrong one for resolving them. For staters, He had the wrong last name for most Arabs to trust him.