View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #45
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Thig said that in response to a post of mine, in which I did nothing near compare Nash to Magic. I'm just talking about MVP voting here.

Fair enough point, that Magic had already won titles before he won his first MVP. Is that the extent of your argument?
No, my argument is merely that Nash and Magic are such radically different players that it's just not valid in any way, shape, or form. It has even less relevance to the Bird/Dirk comparison.

Steve Nash is a special player in today's NBA. But he's really a prototypical point guard, defensive abilities notwithstanding. Magic, on the other hand, was a freak of nature that will probably never be seen again.

It's not a knock on Nash. My point really had nothing to do with titles. It was the fact that Magic filled in for Kareem. It was the fact that the dude could play any position, 1 to 5, and play any of them as well as anybody.

It's just not a valid comparison. If you're just comparing numbers, fine. But otherwise, it's like comparing Allen Iverson to Moses Malone.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote