Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 01:34 AM   #12
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a lot of experience with this. My only first hand experience comes from a guy that I grew up with all through my Kindergarten-Junior High years that committed suicide in early High School, (9th grade I believe). His name was Seth Cunningham. He was a very "cool" guy. One of the most popular guys in school. His family was plenty wealthy and he seemed to have everything he wanted. It was amazing when he did it because all I can remember thinking was "geez, if anyone was gonna commit suicide it would be me - this guy had everything he ever wanted". It was just impossible for me to understand how he would think his life was bad enough to kill himself.

I wasn't a good friend of his; in fact I had only been to his house once and only spoke to him occasionally. With that said, it affected me a good bit and definitely hurt everyone he was friends with. His mother was an art teacher at the Elementary school in my home town and I haven't seen her since. I can't imagine what it did to her and her family. It is just crazy sometimes because you never know what is going through the head of someone that decides to make that mistake. To me, it never matters how bad it is, it is never bad enough to do this.

A story like this could continue discussion in the politcal thread regarding the fate of individuals like this, but all I will say is God bless the family and friends of anyone that does this. They need the help right now and I hope they are all strong enough to make it through all of this.