Thread: Parcells done!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 02:23 PM   #62
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Well what I mean by that is Larry Lacewell is no longer here. Mike Zimmerman is no longer here. Sean Payton is no longer here. And its all because of Parcells. Granted, Parcells was the reason Payton was here to began with however I have to believe that if Payton knew Parcells would leave this season he would've stayed assistant for an extra season just to be the head coach of the Cowboys. Now we don't even have anyone to even turn this team over to if promoting from within was a possibility Jerry thought about.
Getting rid of Lacwell was one of Parcells' accomplishments IMO.

I get the feeling that if Jerry really wanted Zimmer as a futer head coach, he'd have talked him into staying since he knew that Bill may not be here.

Can't really blame Sean Payton for leaving when he did to take a head coaching job. Those opportunities don't come around very often so when a job opens that you want you should take it. I don't think Bill tried to screw the Cowboys out of Payton by comming back another year.

Quote:
Demarcus Ware came into this league playing a 3-4 though. I don't think its a given he will have the same success in a 4-3 as he did in the 3-4.
But he was a 4-3 end in college and he's a 4-3 end in the nickle. It wouldn't be a big transition.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote