View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Cable is the way to go for me, as I just like it better. I think all of the packages pretty much run together on price. What is $100 here is $97 there and $103 there, (yes, I have a lot of channels)! I have had DirecTV and several flavors of cable and that is my experience.

As far as just general cutting back goes, getting rid of home phones all together always helps. Cell packages are really reasonable and if you and your significant other are on the same plan you generally talk for free.

By the way, creating a budget really helped us. We put down all of our bills, (this includes any kiddo costs and things like food/gas), and income and figured out what should be left. It is astonishing how much less you have than you actually should have. If you then take the rest and force yourself to follow a budget related to meals out, fun, AND savings, you should do pretty well.