View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 12:57 AM   #31
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I agree on all these.

For a guy not accustomed to the Oscars I've seen Departed and I don't know I'm a little shocked at how much praise it received. I was expecting one of Scorsese's best and got a decent film. But how is Jack Nicholson not nominated but Mark Wahlberg is? Maybe I'm missing something but wasn't Mark Wahlberg in at max 4 scenes in the movie?

I thought both Will Smith and Forest Whitaker were great in their films as well as Ryan Gosling. I was a little shocked by Gosling because I've seen him in a couple of films to date and he didn't really "wow" me in anything he's been in but he seems to be a great actor. Half Nelson is a great film as well. Seems to me Eddie Murphy is the leading candidate for supporting actor. He has the hype and well the performance to win.
That is the beauty of Mark's part. It didn't take more than 4 or 5 scenes for him to completely steal the show. In the theatre I was watching in, the crowd was buzzing before the final scene.. everyone knew what was coming.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote