View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 02:10 PM   #40
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
it matters tho, some governors (such as TX) don't really run the government. I'd disagree that the position of a mayor is comparable to that of pres. a senator would be much more experienced than a mayor in understanding the federal system.

John Kennedy.
When the mayor is the mayor of NYC I disagree with you. He's got more people, budget, international affairs than probably 2/3's of the states and many,many countries.

You can belittle texas governorship but I disagree there as well. He may not be the executor, but he's responsible for the big stuff. You actually may be correct about how much administration he does, I'd have to look it up, but I think you are belittle'ing the job.

But whichever, comparing the governor of texas to someone running a staff of pages and political operatives (ala a senator) I think is not a winning argument.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote