View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:00 AM   #45
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
I think, for whatever reason, Nash did feel insulted when he signed with the Suns. It was probably a mistake to not only "lowball" Nash on the contract, but to go on record as saying that you did it because you question his durabilty.
Exactly, if the offer had been anywhere close maybe he would still be an All-Star instead of a superstar. To question his durability and show a hard working Mav that you think nothing of him can only be taken as a challenge for a professional athlete.

Quote:
That will motivate a professional athlete in his prime. And Nash was not just an athlete, he was an allstar.
Right on the money.

Quote:
And now he's the MVP two years running maybe in some part due to Cuban's "insult". But, I think people sometimes forget that Nash started to really train his body hard prior to leaving Dallas. In either his last year or the year before that, he came into training camp with basically a brand new body. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Nash already knew how he was planning on taking care of his body so that he could keep on playing basketball at a high level before he left Dallas.
This is an interesting point that I haven't heard, but I still think you are underestimating the magnitude of Cuban's insult to Nash. The offer wasn't even in the parking lot of the same ballpark. If it had been closer, who knows. I don't blame him too much for letting him walk, but at least make it a tough decision for him and show the guy that you want him back, at least then I could be upset at him instead of wondering what might have been if that horrible lowball contract had been a little higher.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote