View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 10:57 AM   #48
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Cuban already admitted that he dropped the ball big-time by committing to the idea that Phoenix could only offer Nash so much because they wished to hold some money back to throw at a second player. (So, so laughable in retrospect--or, for many us, at the time. How ironic that Cuban thought he was going to get one over on a team that was trying to have its cake and eat it too, by doing exactly the same.)

There is no other word besides "lowball" to describe Cuban's piss-poor negotiating tactics with Nash--unless, that is, you want to include words or phrases like "disloyal," "naive," and "out of your realm." If you want to sum it up as "insulting," you probably won't find much argument.

The truth, of course, is that is was far more down to idiocy than it was to insult.
There's also no denying that your favorite player is a loser who was more interested in partying with me uptown instead of giving it his all by working out in the off-season.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 02-01-2007 at 11:26 AM.
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote