View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #31
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
I understand the argument, but i just don't buy it. The same argument could of course have been made about the un-likelihood of electing a female governor in the state of texas........been there, done that, and she was a democrat.

anyhoooo...........personally I think it takes two things to get elected -- money and machinery. All else (ie, appeal to southern males, testicles, moral center) is a matter of convenience but not ultimately a determining factor. Godzillary has both money and machinery, and no other candidate can match her.

and still, the basic question is 'if not the lesbian lizard queen, then who?' I simply can't see any other candidate matching her, or it as one may prefer.

I don't think I'd say unseen in national politics -- just unmatched amongst the current field. It's a fair point to say that others have not yet put their machines into motion...but then again, if these other candidates were Godzillary's political equals they would have their machines in motion.

cheers
I don't think they are "deciding factors", its just the simple fact that a having a woman as a candidate is actually a hinderance in a general election for the Dems, while it would be an asset for the reps to run a woman.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote