View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 02:32 PM   #23
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I don't buy it mavie. I can agree that it will create new(read different)jobs as resources are re-allocated. But from what I've read the expectation is that kyoto for example will dampen GDP, I see no way to spin that to "more" economic growth and more jobs. If you double the cost of gasoline for example it WILL effect the economy and jobs.
the expectation of declining GDP as a result of kyoto is based on industry pulling back on the throttle to reduce the level of emissions mandated. IF there were hard caps on the amount produced, yes, the forecast could be true.

however, there are not any hard caps that will force industry to shut down production. so those forecasts are not based on reality.

it is not an either/or...

Quote:
So somehow the chinese and indian economy's are LIMITING their growth by not complying with cleaner technologies? Bull honkey man. When you can sell a widget cheaper than the next guy, you win.
uh, no, the point is not that they are "limiting their growth", the point is that they recognize pollution is harming the health of the pop.

we do not want these economies to stop their growth. we're tied at the hip.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote