Thread: Fantastic 4
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #25
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
that is cool...I never got into DC comics...but I'm sorry sir, any list of omnipotent characters that finds itself without the Beyonder...is not list worth discussing

I was unaware about the ion/green lantern character's power over yellow....how did he differ from other lanterns in this way?
This is what i remember of the story(its been a few years since i read it all the way through actually next time i head home i will read the stories again)

Actually though it didnt matter, ALL of the green lanterns would have lost the weakness to yellow for a little bit but since he had killed them and destroyed the battery it didnt matter. The weakness came from a parasitic alien named Paralax that fed on fear. He had been imprisoned in the green lantern battery and since he was yellow thats what caused the imperfection in the battery and the subsequent weakness of GLs to yellow. He escaped and bonded with Hal Jordan to form essentially an evil GL named Parallax.(this was actually a rewrite because at first jordan just went nuts when coast city was destroyed but since that pissed alot of GL fans off they had to fix it and they did by making this parasite responsible for it.

Well since the parasite was no longer ther, the weakness to yellow was removed however parallax was essentially omnipotent himself which caused problems. Kyle rayner(the new GL and the one who replaced Jordan) fought parrallax with the help of some guys that it turned out he had created from pure imagination without even knowing it. They fought for a long time until finally a "sun eater" came to the earths sun and essentially ate the sun. The superheros on earth couldnt do much which was really hurt because superman was quickly losing his powers. However since this rewrite was done to honor jordan, he sacrificed himself to relight the sun with his ridiculous powers. It worked and again parrallax was released. Anyway Kyle rayner saw that there was a green spot in the sun(the leftover powers of parrallax and realized that if he didnt absorb them some supervillain(cant remember the name) would. He absorbed all of the powers becoming the ridiculously overpowered Ion. He made multiple copies of himself in order to live out his life as a comic book writer and also perform multiple hero duties throughout the universe. However he couldnt sleep which caused him some issues that he didnt like. He went back to Oa, recharged the battery and created some new guardians of the universe so that the green lantern corp could be reinstated. He modified his ring first. It will always come back to him if he is ever separated from it. It is not weak against yellow and it can never completely run out of power. He continued in this manner as an essentially normal green lantern until he gained more power again later by absorbing the starfire or something like that. BTW he is also the only green lantern that can make people and shapes without the green tint.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 02-12-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote