View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #206
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
there is a difference between something be " a shame" and something being "disrespectful". Had I spent my whole life carving out a homestead in Oklahoma, only to see it all wiped away in the dustbowl years, it wouldn't be disrespectful to say that my efforts had (unfortunately) been wasted... its a damn shame, but not a sign of disrespect.
How about if someone came to tell you your life was wasted while you were still farming, and by most farmers accounts, your farm was doing pretty good, even though it might not be as good as you'd first proclaimed, but was still doing a lot better than a lot of people warned you about?

Quote:
but do you feel like Stanford U shouldn't give a student that tried really hard a bad grade on a paper that sucks? I mean, they DID try, no?
The student should get a bad grade, but the teacher should NOT say that the student's life was wasted in college.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote