View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #131
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
It seems like a lot of folks are confused about the chronology of what Dirk said, and when. Let me see if I can help:

Dirk's quote about Wade after Game 6 of the Finals (6-20-06): "I thought once they got back home, they were great, obviously Dwyane was great. After Game 2, whatever, he was unstoppable. He really, you know, really won them the Championship. You know, from Game 3 when we were up 10, he just took over since then. He never let up. He was great." link

Dirk's quote about Wade when the teams played in January: "All I said two weeks ago when we played them was, we feel like we gave them the championship. We had a 2-0 lead, we were up 10 with a couple of minutes left in Game 3. If we win that Game 3, we have a chance to close the series out. That’s really all I said, and I don’t know why he got all sensitive about it." link

Dirk never said anything negative about Wade; Wade took his cheap shot gratuitously. Of course, when Wade's comments about Dirk were published in the Miami paper and Cuban popped off, Wade suddenly comes out with his whole "I don't want to go back and forth with Dirk" crap.

Wade is fake deep. Next thing you know, he'll film a commercial showing him doing charity work with inner city kids. Oh wait...
Thanks kg. This really helps.